We all love foundations, don't we? Because it is one of the most essential products when it comes to makeup.
Applying foundations not only enhances our makeup, but it also evens out skin, hides the flaws we don't like and boosts confidence greatly which is why it's worth it to invest in a good foundation.
But choosing the right foundation can be really tough sometimes. Because you need to know your skin well before you decide your foundation.
[Also Read: The Art Of Finding Right Foundation For Your Skin Tone]
Here I will specifically focus on people who have dry skin and their struggles to select the right foundation. Let's get started...
What Is Dry Skin?
Dry skin is a very common skin condition characterized by a lack of the appropriate amount of water in the most superficial layer of the skin, the epidermis.
Environmental factors, such as humidity and temperature, have a profound effect on the amount of water retained within the skin.
When we have dry skin our face frequently feels dry and flaky at times and if you apply a normal foundation on dry skin, it ends up looking cakey.
That is why it is important to keep your skin type in mind while choosing a foundation for yourself.
What To Look For In A Foundation If You Have Dry Skin?
If you have dry skin you need to be really careful when it comes to choosing a beauty product, especially foundation.
Choosing the wrong one can actually make your skin more dry and flaky, this will butcher your makeup.
We all use foundation to enhance our skin and make it look even and smooth. But in case of dry skin, you also need to see whether your foundation has hydrating agents or not.
Here are a few things you can consider while choosing the right foundation...
- Look for foundations having hyaluronic acid, glycerin. dimethicone and Vitamin E, because they are natural hydrating agents and do not absorb natural oils.
- Try to avoid frequent usage of matte products. Matte foundations contain ingredients like silicone and talc which absorbs oil from your skin. Therefore it will worsen your condition by making your skin more patchy and dry.
- Avoid foundations containing salicylic acid. Salicylic acids work wonder in treating acne but their presence in your foundation may cause more worries than wonders. They are known for absorbing excess oil from your skin. Therefore using foundations have salicylic acid will dry your skin even more.
[Also Read: Top Five Affordable Foundations In India]
To make it easy for you to select the best foundation I am recommending some amazing foundations for dry skin. Take your pick!
Best Dry Skin Foundations
1. L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24h Foundation
This foundation is a high coverage foundation and comes with a hydrating hyaluronic complex.
It not only provides a long-lasting coverage but also makes the skin more light and fresh.
It comes in 10 different shades.
- It resists humidity and sweat
- It does not dry the skin
- It gives high coverage
- It might make the skin feel a little heavy.
- It can make the skin way too greasy in summers.
2. Lakme Perfecting Liquid Foundation
It is one of the most budget-friendly and easily available foundations and works wonders for dry skin.
It blends with the skin easily and contains Vitamin E which hydrates the skin and does not let it dry.
- It is water-resistant
- Contains Vitamin E that soothes and hydrates skin
- It gives an even-toned look
- It leaves a whitish cast behind
- It is not quite long-lasting and requires reapplication
3. L'Oreal Paris True Match Minerals Skin Improving Foundation
It is a powder foundation containing sea minerals that give a clear skin.
It also has hydrating agents like zinc and Kaolin that does not absorb excess oil and thus prevents the skin from getting flaky and dry.
- It is long-lasting
- It brightens skin tones
- Keeps skin hydrated and prevents acne
- It is not cost-effective
4. Colorbar Aquafeel Pro Foundation
It is a waterbased lightweight foundation enriched with vegetable oils and high water concentration.
It not only brightens the skin but also hydrates it and prevents patchiness.
- Evens the skin tone
- It does not cause patchiness
- Does not leave a white cast
- It does not give complete coverage
- Not long-lasting
- It is available in only 3 shades
5. Lotus Herbals Natural Blend Liquid Foundation SPF 20
It is enriched with botanical extracts like grape seed, jojoba which nourishes the skin and also hydrates it.
- It is waterproof
- It is lightweight
- It moisturizes the skin
- It contains SPF 20
- It is not quite lost lasting
- Might not give a natural look
- Is not suitable for daily use because it tends to make the skin greasy
6. Lakme Absolute Illuminating Foundation
This foundation is one of the best liquid foundations for dry skin. It not only hydrates the skin but also leaves a shimmery and a glowy finish!
- Provides even coverage
- Brightens the skin
- Gives a silky finish
- It might feel heavy at times
- The skin might get greasy if kept for a long time
7. L'Oreal Paris Mat Magique 12H Bright Mat Foundation
This Loreal Paris Mat Magique 12H Bright Mat Foundation delivers an immaculate matte finish to your skin keeping in mind the need for hydration for dry skinned beauties.
- Intense matte finish
- Lightweight foundation
- Suitable for dry and sensitive skin
- Lasts for up to 12 hours.
- It is not cost-effective
8. Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse Foundation
This unique whipped formula is unbelievably light in weight and it does not clog pores.
It brings out the skin's natural radiance to the forefront.
- Suitable for dry skin
- Provides an even coverage
- Not entirely water and humid resistant
- Not Long-lasting
9. Maybelline Fit Me Dewy+Smooth Foundation
Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation by Maybelline is a moisturizing foundation that is formulated to achieve a flawlessly smooth, hydrated, and more even skin tone.
This foundation also features SPF 18 sunscreen to help protect the skin from sun damage.
- A lightweight, gel-like formula that is oil-free and wax-free.
- Provides natural-looking light to medium coverage, but can be built up for more coverage.
- Contains an SPF of 18.
- Wide range of shades available.
- Contains parabens.
- Some variants of the bottle don’t have a pump dispenser.
- SPF content can result in slight whitish cast
- Can end up looking too dewy and somewhat too oily
10. Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Liquid Foundation
Known as one of the most comfortable formulas among Maybelline's foundation arsenal, it will make you look flawless.
It blends into the skin easily.
It is one of the best full coverage foundations for dry skin because of the satin finish.
- Smooth finish
- Makes skin look poreless
- Layers well
- Might make the skin too greasy at times
- Not quite long-lasting
11. Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation SPF 15
Available in 4 different shades, the ultra-hydrating formula with the goodness of sodium hyaluronate with jojoba, wheat germ and plant oils to hydrate and soften skin sets this foundation apart.
- Enriched with antioxidants vitamin C and E
- Contains lavender oil that soothes skin
- Provides intense hydration
- Non-greasy and matte
- Contains SPF 15
- Not Cost-effective
12. Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover Foundation
Infused with the goodness of Vitamin B3 that promises nourished skin, this Lakme full coverage foundation makes for a smooth canvas.
The water-based formula is hydrating and blends easily concealing pores, fine lines and dark spots.
- Full coverage foundation that enhances complexion
- Blends easily
- Stays for long
- Doesn't oxidise
- Enriched with Vitamin B3
- Contains SPF 25
- It is available only in a 15ml bottle
- Has a citrusy smell
13. Revolution Pro Full Cover Camouflage Foundation
This creamy formula will provide you with maximum coverage that makes skin look flawless all day.
The foundation is rich in pigmentation and can cover all blemishes for an even finish. It is a very good full coverage foundation for dry skin because of the hydrating texture.
- No-transferable formula
- Full coverage
14. NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation
Considered to be one of the best full coverage foundation in India, this product from NYX will give you smooth and flawless skin.
With a velvet matte finish. this foundation is definitely a heart stealer. Though this works wonderfully well for dry skin, it works for oily skin too.
- Lightweight and blends really well
- High pigmentation
- You can control the level of coverage
- Silky, smooth finish
- Comes in a wide variety
- Can be used daily
- Might feel watery
15. L.A Girl Pro Coverage Illuminating Liquid Foundation
If you want a full-coverage foundation that will give you a high definition finish, then this will be ideal for you.
The illuminating and lightweight formula will make sure that you are comfortable all day.
It also hydrates the skin and does not absorb natural oils.
- Full coverage
- Quite expensive
Hope this article gave you a gist on how to select the right foundation if you have dry skin!
If you liked this article and it's been helpful, make sure you follow us on the social media platforms and subscribe to PinkAdda for amazing content delivered straight to your mailbox! ❤️
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox