Lips are one of the most important parts of our body. And they deserve good care and nourishment.
It is important to keep our lips hydrated and healthy because we would not want our lips to feel dry and chapped throughout the day.
Although we tend to actually ignore lip care but here I will take about how to take care of your lips and will also recommend some great lip balms that will do wonder to your lips.
Let me start by talking about some common lip problems we face in our day to day life.
1. Dry Lips
Lips can become dry and chapped over time.
Especially in winters, we wake up with dry and crusty lips and we absolutely hate it.
Cracks often occur if the weather gets really dry.
Sometimes we also experience bleeding in our lips because of this splits.
3. Cold Sores
It is caused by viral infections and this looks like blisters or open scab. These can be very painful and also makes our lips lose their beauty and softness.
To deal with all these we need to invest in lip care. Unlike other parts of our body, our lips do not demand a very complicated beauty regime. You can just invest in a good lip balm which will take away all your lip problems.
But there are thousands of lip balms in the market so how to know which is the best one for you? Don't worry! we are here to help!
How to choose your lip balm?
Before getting any product the first thing we do is check the main ingredients. An ideal lip balm that can reduce dryness and make your lips soft.
It should contain phenol, beeswax, apricot kernel oils, shea, cocoa butter etc.
2. Flavor and Fragrance
Well, I am saying this because this is actually important when it comes to your lips.
Because we all have different preferences, some like fruity smell whereas some don't. So it will be better if you check the flavour and aroma of the lip balm before purchasing it.
Before getting your lip balm to make it a point to do proper research on whether the lip balm has all the ideal ingredients that will deal with all the problems like dry lips, splits etc.
4. Avoid Certain Ingredients
When looking for a lip balm, avoid the products having ingredients like Salicylic acid, Camphor and parabens.
Because salicylic acid can make your lips dry if used for a long time whereas camphor and parabens can be unsafe or harmful to your lips.
Now you know what to look for while choosing the best lip balm for your lips! Therefore I am recommending some really great lip balms, take your pick!
1. Maybelline New York Baby Lips Loves Color
This lip balm is formulated with coconut oil and vitamin E, the tinted lip balm provides intense moisture and nourishment to the lips for 16 long hours while the SPF 20 in it protects them from the UV rays of the sun.
The exclusive lip-renew formula not only gives visibly renewed lips in just 4 weeks but also adds a translucent pop of colour and shine to them.
- Although it prevents our lips from dryness and locks moisture it has a greasy residue.
- It makes lipstick way too glossy and is not suitable to be used under lipsticks.
2. Lotus Herbals Lip Lush Tinted Lip Balm
This lip balm will make your lips appear healthy and plump while adding zappy colours and a beautiful sheen to them.
The 100% herbal product contains the extracts of kokum butter and shea butter for long-lasting moisture, which keeps the lips soft, smooth, and cushioned for 8 hours.
It also comes with SPF 20 for preventing the lips from getting dark due to excessive sun exposure.
- The disadvantages associated with this lip balms are that it needs frequent reapplication.
- It also has a waxy formula and thus does not spread easily.
3. Lakme Lip Balm Love Chapstick
It is a super moisturizing lip balm that can seal in the moisture in your lips with just one quick swipe.
It offers intense lip care with just the right touch of colour so that you can get soft and smooth lips for as long as 22 hours.
The SPF 15 in the creamy product also keeps the lips protected from the damaging effects of the UV rays of the sun.
- It does not really stay for 22 hours as claimed by the product.
- It does not give intense moisture and requires reapplication.
4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture-Protect Lip Care
This lip balm is not only great for dry and chapped lips but also an amazing option for sensitive lips.
It is a premium quality product that comes infused with extremely hydrating and nourishing natural ingredients, such as vitamin E, olive oil, coconut oil, wheat germ oil, and shea butter.
They prevent lips from drying out while keeping them soft, smooth, and supple all day.
- The biggest disadvantage of this product is that does not contain SPF and it is not easily available at times.
5. Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm
This lip balm is a dermatologically approved product that gives soft, glamorous lips for hours with beautiful sparkle and shine.
The all-natural product has a unique Hydra IQ formula with real fruit extracts, which provide the lips with long-lasting moisturization without feeling waxy.
It makes your lips absolutely luscious with a delightful aroma, a soft hint of colour, and a fabulous shimmer.
- This lip balm moisturizes the lips but does not have hydrating agents and thus does not hydrate the lips.
6. Biotique Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm
This lip balm is known for lightening and evening out lip tones.
The 100% organic de-pigmentation balm features time-tested Ayurvedic formula infused with the extracts of herbs and fruits.
Being rich in essential vitamins and minerals, it can lighten and brighten dark lips naturally by reducing dark patches and pigmentation.
It also revitalizes the lips and makes them look healthy with intense moisture and nourishment.
- It lacks SPF and it also alters the colour of lipstick., therefore you can't really use it under your lipstick.
- It contains castor oil in it which might irritate lips if applied frequently.
7. Himalaya Herbals Rich Cocoa Butter Lip Care
This lip balm has an exclusive moisture-retention formula, is rich in cocoa butter and castor oil, which not only hydrates and softens chapped lips but also soothes them effectively.
It also holds plenty of vitamin E and antioxidants for protecting your lips from sun damage. As a result, you get intensely moisturized, supple, and healthy lips naturally.
- It is not easily available.
- It is not that long-lasting and therefore requires frequent reapplication.
8. Vaseline Aloe Soothe Lip Care
It is an amazing lip balm for dry, dull, and cracked lips as it contains 100% pure aloe vera extract for long-lasting intensive moisturization. Being loaded with original petroleum jelly, it works as an effective skin protectant that covers the lips and locks in natural moisture to help them recover from discomfort. The lip balm softens, soothes, and hydrates lips instantly while nourishing and repairing them overtime for a healthier look.
- It can be unsuitable for people that are allergic to aloe vera.
- It also requires reapplication because of the effect which subsides after 3 to 4 hours.
9. Vedic Line Orange Lip Salve
It is an amazing natural lip balm that is perfect for regular use.
It comes enriched with different fruit extracts including orange, which help in restoring the health of the lips by moisturizing them deeply as well as keeping them hydrated by preventing dryness.
The healing properties of the product can repair cracked lips efficiently and make them soft.
- Because of being too fruity, the lip balm can get very sticky and heavy at times. Therefore it is not a good idea to use it throughout the day as a regular lip balm.
10. Khadi Natural Kiwi Fruit Herbal Lip Balm
It is a pure herbal lip balm that suits all types of lips and takes great care of them naturally.
It contains kiwi fruit extract, honey, and beeswax as active ingredients, which are combined with the goodness of vegetable fats, natural oils, and the extracts of fruits and herbs.
This non-waxy balm soothes dry and chapped lips while making them extremely smoother.
- This lip balm needs frequent reapplication
- Lacks SPF.
11. Blue Heaven Lip Balm
This lip balm is made of natural ingredients like shea butter, canola oil, almond oil, beeswax, hydrogenated castor oil, and vitamin E, which help in nourishing, moisturizing, and protecting dry lips and stops moisture loss by strengthening the skin barrier.
Hence, your lips feel soft, moist, and super smooth.
- It is colourless and does not work well for pigmentation.
- It is not long-lasting and requires frequent reapplication like most.
12. Nykaa Serial Kisser Lip Balm
This lip balm comes loaded with fruit extracts to ensure all-day moisture lock and gives your lips luscious freshness with its amazing fruity scent. Apart from that it also works wonders in treating chapped lips.
- It is not long-lasting as claimed by the product. It does not give any colour.
13. Kaya Derma Natural Lip Balm
This lip balm offers nourishing care for your lips to keep them supple and hydrated all through the day.
The unique formula moisturizes and softens the lips instantly while its SPF content keeps them protected from sun damage.
- This product lacks natural ingredients and is not advisable to be used without dermatologist recommendation.
14. Mamaearth Natural Lip Balm
This lip balm is ideal for pampering lips with ultra-hydrating natural ingredients and long-lasting pleasant fragrance.
Olive oil and coconut oil in it hydrate dry and chapped lips while shea butter and vitamin E soothe and repair all types of damage.
It locks moisture in lips for long so that they feel extremely soft and smooth to touch always.
- It can make the lips dry when you first apply it.
- It is not cost-effective.
15. Oriflame Love Nature Lip Balm
This lip balm contains pure coconut oil along with fruit extracts to nourish your thirsty lips from within and moisturize them immensely.
It also contains plenty of antioxidant vitamin E for providing adequate protection to the lips from environmental damage.
- This lip balm can feel very sticky and heavy at times.
- It also lacks SPF elements.
These were some of the most preferred lip balms. Take your pick according to the requirements of your lips & I am sure it will work wonders for your little baby lips!
If you loved this article, make sure you follow us on the social media platforms and subscribe to PinkAdda for amazing content delivered straight to your mailbox! ❤️
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox