Are you an amateur in the kitchen and desperately trying to impress your parents on their birthday/anniversary with a cake? This lockdown, our fancy baking ingredients aren't in abundance in our pantry and the same is the case with our amateur cooking skills. To solve your problems I have a foolproof cake recipe that is super easy to cook and would definitely sweep everyone off their feet with its taste.
1. Biscuits (Marie/Parle-G/Digestive Biscuits/chocolate) - 150 gms
2. Powdered Sugar- Depending on your biscuit type and taste
3. Milk- 1/2 cup
4. Oil/unsalted melted butter- 2 tbsp
5. Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
6. Cocoa Powder- 1 tbsp
7. Baking Soda- 1/4 tsp
8. Baking Powder- 1 tsp
9. Walnuts/Almonds (roasted and chopped)- 8-10
1. Grind the biscuits into a fine powder.
2. Take all the dry ingredients, i.e biscuit powder, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, baking powder, and baking soda, and sift these all together.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients together in another bowl, i.e milk, oil, vanilla essence, and add this to the dry ingredients, following the cut and fold method of combining. (Add half of the wet ingredients first, mix well, and then move on to adding the other half to the batter).
4. Grease the cake tin with oil and flour before adding the batter.
5. Set the batter in the tin and top it with roasted dry fruits.
6. Take a large vessel and add a good amount of salt to the bottom of the vessel.
7. Cover the vessel and let it heat for 8-10 mins. Heat should be medium to high.
8. After ten minutes, put a stand in the large vessel and place the cake tin on top.
9. Cover and let it cook for around 25-30 mins at low flame.
10. Check with a skewer or a toothpick to see if the cake is cooked completely. (Inserting it in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready, if not, it needs to be cooked further).
11. Take it off the vessel and it is ready to serve!
No-bake, No-hassle cake ready in just a few mins. It's delicious and gets ready in no time.
You can top this with a layer of chocolate ganache or whipped cream with some fresh fruits to make it taste even better.
Try this at home this quarantine and let me know how it turned out :) happy baking no baking!
Follow PinkAdda on social media platforms to get notified for more such content. Happy Reading! ❤️
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox