Getting a salon-spa amidst lockdown is like boiling the ocean aka next to impossible. With our beauty products getting finished soon, some of us are already on the harder side of quarantine. (Dear Favourite Face-Wash, I haven't betrayed you, it's just that your new pack is unavailable due to lockdown and so I've to use the other one 😓)
You Can't Go to Salon but what if I tell you that you can have a Salon-like Spa right at your home and drumrolls, it won't cost you a penny! Sounds like a bluff? Well, I'd like to start the case, your honour!
What Will You Need?
1. Coconut Oil (or any other hair oil that you have at home)
2. Aloe vera (Easily available at Home)
3. Curd (Ask your Mumma first)
4. Conditioner (Take a trip to the bathroom)
Process For Home-Made Hair Spa
1. Wash your hair (just shampoo, don't apply conditioner) because you don't want to apply high-nutrient products on your dirty hair.
Bonus: This also smoothens the further process.
2. Towel- dry your hair. Be gentle, you don't want to lose hair in this hair-pampering process.
3. Heat the oil and apply it on your hair. Massage for 10 minutes and cover every portion of your scalp.
4.. Now let's make spa cream by mixing aloe vera, curd, and conditioner.
5. Mix until you get a creamy paste, it will have a consistency exactly like a spa cream.
6. Now apply it on your hair by taking one strand at a time. Please make sure that you are wearing something which needs to be washed.
7. When you're done with all hair, tie them in a light bun. I repeat, light bun.
8. Now cover your head with polythene.
9. Use your hairdryer and blow hot air over your head.
10. If you don't have a hairdryer then there is no need to wrap your hair in polythene and instead cover them with a towel dipped in hot water for 10 minutes. It will give the same effect.
11. Let it sit for 1 hour.
12. Shampoo your hair and apply the hair conditioner.
13. Woohoo! Spa done! 😉
What To Expect?
Silky, Shiny, and Extra-Smooth Lustrous Locks.
I'm doing it for a year now and this is an all herbal method (my conditioner is also herbal-based) and the results will blow your mind.
Additional Suggestion: Don't worry if you don't have a conditioner, replace it with a banana paste. I don't use bananas because it's a little difficult to get them out of the hair while washing them but now that I've got all the time, I'll go for a better option (also, I need to save my conditioner during lockdown😝).
I know you will try this home-made spa and when you do, don't forget to share the results with us.
Follow Pink Adda for more content, specially curated for you! 💜
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox