Now I know that you've had enough of ''Ghar ka khana'' for over a month now and are seriously craving a bite of your favourite pepperoni pizza. What if we told you that you don't have to wait for the lockdown to end to have pizza! It is as easy as unbelievable as it may sound. Also, your mom will willingly make this for you at home because the crust comprises of Atta and not Maida.
Here's the recipe for thin-crust Atta pizza
- 1 cup Atta (whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- Salt to taste
- 3 Large Tomatoes
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 5-6 Basil Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 Onions (sliced)
- 1-2 Capsicums (chopped)
- 4-5 Babycorns (chopped)
- 6-7 button mushrooms (sliced)
- Grated Cheese (A LOT OF IT!)
- For the dough, combine all the above-mentioned ingredients of the dough in a bowl. Knead it into a soft and sticky dough ball. Rub some oil over the dough and knead further. When the dough is ready, cover it and let it sit for one hour in a comparatively warm place.
- For the sauce, prepare a tomato puree with the help of a blender. you can also blanch the tomatoes and chop them.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic to it, saute until light brown.
- Add the tomato puree along with the golden brown garlic and saute for 4-5 mins on low flame.
- When the tomato puree seems cooked, add the basil, oregano, black pepper, and salt. Taste the puree and according to your taste buds add the honey. I prefer a nice tangy-sweet flavour and therefore I add a tablespoon of it. You can add accordingly.
- Cook for a few mins more until done and then take it off the heat and let it cool.
- After an hour or so, take a ball out of the dough and with the help of a rolling pin, roll it into a round base. Give it the required thickness, I prefer thin-crust pizzas, so I rolled it as thin as I roll a parantha.
- With a fork, make holes into the base. This helps us avoid puffing up of the base while cooking.
- Add the prepared pizza sauce on the base and spread it all over evenly.
- Sprinkle some good amount of cheese over the sauce (you can use any kind of cheese for this).
- Over this add the onions, capsicums, baby corns, and mushrooms.
Our pizza is ready to hit the oven!
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 210 degrees Celcius for about 10-15 minutes.
PIZZA IS READY TO BE SERVED!
This feels like an achievement. It's appealing to look at, crunchy, cheesy, and most importantly its made up of ATTA and prepared AT HOME!
Make sure you try this recipe out for your loved ones and let me know how it turned out.
Do not forget to check out our other articles for great content.
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox