In today's article, we present you with the recipe for an Indian version of milk pudding made from the colostrum of milk. The colostrum of milk can be obtained by the milk of a lactating cow that is easily available at a dairy. Colostrum acts as an immunity booster in the form of prebiotics, hence making it the healthiest pudding.
Let's learn how to make this appetizing and healthy milk-pudding at home.
- 500 ml of colostrum or chik
- Half cup of whole milk
- Half a cup of sugar
- 15 to 20 strands of saffron
- 1/4 part of a nutmeg seed
- 3-4 crushed cardamom seeds
- Take the colostrum into a bowl, then add an equal amount of milk & sugar in the bowl (as mentioned).
- Now stir and blend the mixture until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add crushed cardamom seeds and nutmeg seed and mix thoroughly, you can add some saffron strands in it to garnish.
- Now pour this mixture into a vessel.
- Boil some water in a steamer (pressure cooker/pan) and put your vessel in it and cover the vessel with a lid or cap.
- Now heat for approx. 15-20 minutes on medium flame.
- To check if the pudding is cooked, take your vessel out and insert a knife or a knitting needle just like we do after baking a cake. The needle comes out clean if the pudding is steamed properly.
- Let the pudding cool down. Remove the pudding and cut it in small parts or in a shape you like.
Your yummy milk-pudding is ready!
Note - Refrigerate, and consume the milk pudding within two days.
Do try this very simple and appetizing recipe and enjoy Indian style milk pudding at home. ♡
Follow us on social media platforms to get notified for more such recipes.
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox