The one thing I'm determined to do after the quarantine is over is to contest for the next Master chef championship. The ample time gifted by quarantine has all of us heading towards our kitchen with our youtube-d recipes.
After the lockdown, the momo/dumpling cravings have hit the ceiling. To cater to them and also finish off the nasty bottle gourd from the fridge, here's a super easy and healthy recipe for all the dumpling fans out there.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup grated bottle gourd
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green chilly (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Start by combining all-purpose flour with the required amount of water and kneading it into a tight dough.
- Once the dough is ready, keep it aside for good 15-20 mins to set.
- Grate the bottle gourd and squeeze out all the excess water from it. Transfer this to a pan and cook it along with the chopped onions, chilly and ginger paste.
- Add soy sauce and salt to taste.
- Saute this filling until cooked and allow it to cool.
- Take the dough and cut it into small portions for the dumplings.
- Dust flour over the piece of dough to roll it thin. You can use a cookie cutter to give it the perfect round shape and then proceed to the stuffing part of the recipe.
- Stuff the dough with the prepared bottle gourd mixture. Be an artist, give the dumplings any shape that you want. Make sure you secure all openings by pinching the dough together.
For the cooking part, pour 1 tbsp of oil on a hot pan. Add the dumplings to the pan and cook until its golden brown from the bottom.
Add 3-4 tbsp of water to the pan and immediately cover the pan with a lid. Reduce the heat and let the dumplings cook for around 6-7 mins.
After they're done, remove the lid and serve your piping hot dumplings along with spicy red chutney or wonton soup.
I am sure you tried this recipe and loved the dumplings, we have a lot more recipes coming your way soon, stay in touch!
Stay healthy! 😃
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox