Are you someone who craves spicy food be it breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even midnight, but perhaps don’t have anything other than unhealthy snacks, and do you also experience the guilt of engaging in something unhealthy the next day?
We’ve got good news for you!
Here’s an amazing healthy snack that would fit all your requirements for a snack, it is healthy, spicy, and kind of instant too.
Semolina Dumplings ( Suji Balls)
- 2 cups roasted semolina (Suji)
- Chilli powder
- Sambhar masala
- Black pepper
- 1 Chopped medium ginger
- 2 dry chillies
- Coriander seeds
- Coriander leaves
- Cooking oil
- Mustard seeds
20-25 minutes ( includes 10 minutes of steaming )
- In a pan add 2 glasses of water along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Let it come to boil.
- Add 2 cups of Suji in the boiling water and stir it, it should come together in 2-3 mins.
- Add 1tbsp of ghee or oil over the suji and rub some ghee/oil on your hands too.
- Knead the mixture for 3-4 mins just to give it a texture. You don’t have to knead it into a dough.
- Then take out small portions of suji and form small to medium-sized balls. If your hands become sticky rub some oil on your palms and you are sorted.
- Once you have made the balls, steam it for 10 minutes however you like. You can even use an idli stand.
- After 10 mins take the suji balls out on a plate.
- In a pan, heat some oil, and add some mustard seeds and a small finely chopped ginger.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- After that, add coriander seeds and 2 dried red chillies. Let it roast for a minute
- Then add salt, red chilli powder, sambhar masala, and any other common spices you would like to add.
- Stir once more and then add all the suji balls in the prepared tadka in the pan.
- Stir generously with a spatula and make sure the tadka is coated over the balls. Let it heat for 3-4 mins.
- Serve hot and add some chopped coriander leaves to add the flavour.
- That’s it. Your demand for an easy, healthy, spicy instant snack is satisfied. Do try making this, I am sure you might just end up missing south Indian food. Enjoy!
If you liked this article and it's been helpful, make sure you follow us on the social media platforms and subscribe to PinkAdda for amazing content delivered straight to your mailbox! ❤️
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox