"You'll be nicer when you love your skin."
Skin problems start in your teenage years, hence taking care of it, to have that glowing soft skin will also have to start in your teens.
Acne, Blackheads, dryness, oily skin all these problems are faced by most teenagers these days. All these changes start with hormonal factors in the body.
Choosing the right products at the correct age for the skin is crucial. Therefore, here we are with a Skincare routine for all skin types, especially for teens with product recommendations.
Step 1: Cleanse
Cleansing your skin is the first and foremost step; you cannot start anything before this. Cleaning your skin is essential to remove all the dirt/oil from the skin. Cleansing should be done at least twice a day.
One should use a face wash or cleanser according to their skin types.
Oily skin: a forming facewash can be used.
Dry skin: You should use a milky cleanser.
You can also use face tissues or wet wipes for this step, make sure your skin gets clear.
- Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash
- Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash With Activated Charcoal And Coffee For Oil Control
- NIVEA Face Wash - Purifying
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Face Wash
Step 2: Toning
Toners are usually made to balance out the skin's ph level and are also responsible for oil control.
Toners will help tighten your pores. Therefore it is also an important step to be added in a teen skincare regime.
Toners also double cleanse the skin, anything left on your skin after cleaning it with a face wash will get removed by a toner.
Oily skin: You can use alcohol-based toners.
Dry skin: Do not use alcohol-based toners, they will dry out your skin even more.
- The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
- Plum Chamomile & White Tea Calming Antioxidant Toner
- Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner
- Kaya Clinic Acne Free Purifying Toner
- Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner
Step 3: Moisturise
This is very important, even if you are an oily skin type, you should moisturize your face every day. Many skip this thinking they already have oily skin, but you shouldn't.
Giving your skin hydration to have healthy skin in future is essential.
Oily skin: You can use a gel-based moisturizer.
Dry skin: You can use thick moisturizers to hydrate skin throughout the day without any breakouts.
- Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser
- Ponds Super Light Gel Oil-Free Moisturiser With Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin E
- Cetaphil Moisturising Cream
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
- Mamaearth Bye Bye Blemishes Face Cream With Mulberry Extract & Vitamin C
Step 4: SPF
I cannot stress more on Applying a sunscreen every single day, no matter what age. Sunscreen is a perfect solution for most of your skin problems.
Also read: Tanning
Even if you are sitting all day at home, in pyjamas, sunscreen on the face is a must.
SPF prevents early ageing and reduces hyperpigmentation that generally starts in the teenage years.
- Mama Earth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen SPF50
- Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry touch Sunblock SPF 50+
- Biotique Bio Sunflower Matte Gel Sunscreen SPF 50
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50
- Lacto Calamine Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen SPF 50
Using mild products that work for your skin should be the goal. I have two extra steps that don't need to be followed daily but should be a part of the teenage years' regime.
Step 5: Exfoliate
Exfoliating is basically deep cleaning of the skin. Now teenagers still have sensitive skin at this time. Therefore harsh exfoliators at this age might damage the skin more. Exfoliation is done mainly for the pores.
This should only be done twice a week and not every day, not just for teenagers but in general, exfoliating might leave the skin too dry hence two times in a week is more than enough.
Also Read: DIY body scrubs at home
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub For Face
- Biotique Bio Papaya Revitalizing Tan Removal Scrub
- Lakmé Blush & Glow Green Apple Apricot Gel Scrub
- Mamaearth Charcoal Face Scrub For Oily Skin & Normal skin
- mCaffeine Naked & Raw Coffee Face Scrub
Step 6: Face Mask
I remember when I was 16 years, I used to love wearing that homemade famous Besan mask. It still leaves my skin looking soft and glowy.
Masking is just another way of taking care of the skin and doing it once a week is more than enough. Leave a mask for 10-15 minutes and wash afterwards to have baby soft skin.
There are a plethora of masks available in the market: from clay to sheet masks, and there are so many options to choose from, according to your skin concern.
- Garnier sheet face mask
- Plum Green Tea Clear Face Mask
- The face shop Sheet masks
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Mask With Vitamin C & Kaolin Clay
- Kaya Youth Hydrating Face Mask
I would recommend teenagers to use any homemade face masks to have healthy skin.
If you loved this article, make sure you follow us on the social media platforms and subscribe to PinkAdda for amazing content delivered straight to your mailbox! ❤️
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox