Sunscreen is an integral part of your skincare, and one should always use it for protection strategy.
Sunscreens are just not made to keep you safe in the sun. Even on a cloudy day, one should use sunscreen as 80% of sun rays can pass through clouds.
The harmful UV rays can damage the skin, but sunscreen will act as a shield to protect you. Therefore, it is a must-have product in your vanity.
Reapplication is also essential. Applying sunscreen after every two hours is the best and super crucial.
What is SPF?
SPF stands for sun protection factor. This determines the level of UV-B protection you’ll get from sunscreen.
Basically, the higher the SPF of the product, the lesser the skin damage and extra sun prevention. Sunscreens are available in different SPF levels from SPF 15, SPF 30 to SPF 50, and more.
SPF 15 will keep you 93% protected from UV-B radiations, whereas SPF 50 will save you 98% defended from the UVB rays.
Therefore, if you have to stay out in the sun, you should use a higher SPF product.
Why is sunscreen important?
As mentioned above, it protects you from harmful sun rays, but also there are several other reasons why one should apply sunscreen and make that a habit.
1. Tanning: Sun rays harm our skin and tans the body, but a sunscreen prevents that and maintains an even skin tone. [Check out home remedies to reduce sun tan]
2. Lowers Skin Cancer Risk: This cancer is widespread skin cancer, and has several cases in India.
Applying sunscreen daily will cut the risk of skin cancer by half.
3. Pigmentation: Many women have a skin pigmentation problem but sunscreen can help you even out the skin. Therefore, it prevents pigmentation and gives you clear looking skin.
4. Prevents ageing: Everyone wants to have wrinkle-free skin. And with regular application of sunscreen, you have 24% lesser chance of developing these signs of ageing.
Top 10 Best Sunscreens under Rs 800
1. Mama Earth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen SPF50
The mama earth sunscreen claims to provide SPF 50 and does not leave your skin dry, and the sunscreen claims to provide up to 6 hours of protection. Made up of natural ingredients and is free of paraben, mineral oil, silicone, is highly recommended—a sunscreen best for Combination or oily skin.
2. Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+
With mild fragrance, this sunscreen has ultra-light and non-shiny finish. Claims to be sweat proof and are oil-free and PABA free. An all skin type recommended sunscreen that gives proper protection from UVB rays.
3. Biotique Bio Sunflower Matte Gel Sunscreen SPF 50
Non-greasy, lightweight sunscreen in the budget, what else do we girls need. This sunscreen is made with pure sandalwood, saffron, wheat germ, honey and bark of the Arjun tree, that leaves your skin soft.
4. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50
A three in one sunscreen, that also works as a tinted moisturizer, I've personally used this sunscreen in the past and it works magic. It provides a matte finish hence it is perfect for oily skin type.
5. Re'equil Oxybenzone And Omc Free Sunscreen SPF 50
This has become a sunscreen people are obsessing over. With an amazing price, this provides an SPF 50 protection and ends up giving a matte finish. Doesn't leave the skin dry and works great on oily and combination skin.
6. The Derma company Ultra Matte Sunscreen Gel SPF 30This mineral-based sun protector is a board spectrums sunscreen with SPF 30, also helps in the prevention of hyperpigmentation that is an issue with a lot of Indian Women.
7. Derma essential Sunscreen SPF 50 Gel (Anti Pollution)
A super light-weight gel that can be used by all skin types. It is made with revolutionary nanotechnology that smoothes out the skin leaving it ready. Spf 50 in this gives long-lasting protection,
8. Sunprotek Sunscreen Gel SPF 30+
Suitable for all skin types, best for oily and combination skin. A gel-based sunscreen that provides a solution to all your skin concerns. I am currently using this for my hyperpigmentation and this works like magic.
9. La Shield Anti-Acne Sunscreen Gel SPF 40 P+++
Suitable for normal and oily skin type. A gel-based sunscreen with a mild aroma. Feels super soft and light on the skin. Can be used as a base while doing makeup as sweat proof and non-shiny product.
10. The Moms Co. Mineral Based Sunscreen
Like the name, this sunscreen is made to take care of your skin and protect as a mom does. With all great ingredients is a perfect sunscreen to protect you from ageing and other factors. Must try!
These are our top favourite Sunscreens which are not going to disappoint you. By now, you know that it is extremely important to use a good sunscreen to look flawless and to protect your skin from the wrath of the Sun, thus, pick one according to your concerns and stay safe in the sun!
See you soon in the next article! Be Healthy, Stay Safe! ❤️️
Get the best we have to offer right in your inbox